[Mailman-Users] Maildir Problem - Part 1

Greg Burnett / Ascend Network greg at ascendnetwork.com
Sun Sep 11 18:12:03 CEST 2005

I am trying to set up my mailman get my messages from my maildir using
qrunner
and the USE_MAILDIR option. I have getmail that successfully imports my
mail
from my pop account to the maildir but that is where it stops. Here are
is
the configuration:

My mm_cfg.py------>

#    Here's where we get the distributed defaults.    #

from Defaults import *

# Put YOUR site-specific configuration below, in mm_cfg.py . #
# See Defaults.py for explanations of the values.            #
#####
# Qrunner defaults
#####

# Which queues should the qrunner master watchdog spawn?  This is a list
of # 2-tuples containing the name of the qrunner class (which must live
in a # module of the same name within the Mailman.Queue package), and
the number of # parallel processes to fork for each qrunner.  If more
than one process is # used, each will take an equal subdivision of the
hash space.

# BAW: Eventually we may support weighted hash spaces.
# BAW: Although not enforced, the # of slices must be a power of 2

QRUNNERS = [
    ('ArchRunner',     1), # messages for the archiver
    ('BounceRunner',   1), # for processing the qfile/bounces directory
    ('CommandRunner',  1), # commands and bounces from the outside world
    ('IncomingRunner', 1), # posts from the outside world
    ('NewsRunner',     1), # outgoing messages to the nntpd
    ('OutgoingRunner', 1), # outgoing messages to the smtpd
    ('VirginRunner',   1), # internally crafted (virgin birth) messages
    ('RetryRunner',    1), # retry temporarily failed deliveries
    ]
# Set this to Yes to use the `Maildir' delivery option.  If you change
this # you will need to re-run bin/genaliases for MTAs that don't use
list # auto-detection. # # WARNING: If you want to use Maildir delivery,
you /must/ start Mailman's # qrunner as root, or you will get permission
problems. # # NOTE: Maildir delivery is experimental for Mailman 2.1.
USE_MAILDIR = Yes # NOTE: If you set USE_MAILDIR = Yes, add the
following line to your mm_cfg.py QRUNNERS.append (('MaildirRunner', 1))
# runner sleep for before checking the queue directory again for new
files? # This can be a fraction of a second, or zero to check
immediately # (essentially busy-loop as fast as possible).
QRUNNER_SLEEP_TIME = seconds(1)

# When a message that is unparsable (by the email package) is received,
what # should we do with it?  The most common cause of unparsable
messages is # broken MIME encapsulation, and the most common cause of
that is viruses like # Nimda.  Set this variable to No to discard such
messages, or to Yes to store # them in qfiles/bad subdirectory.
QRUNNER_SAVE_BAD_MESSAGES = Yes

# This flag causes Mailman to fsync() its data files after writing and #
flushing its contents.  While this ensures the data is written to disk,
# avoiding data loss, it may be a performance killer.  Note that this
flag # affects both message pickles and MailList config.pck files.
SYNC_AFTER_WRITE = No
#-------------------------------------------------------------
# The name of the list Mailman uses to send password reminders # and
similar. Don't change if you want mailman-owner to be # a valid local
part. MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# If you change these, you have to configure your http server
# accordingly (Alias and ScriptAlias directives in most httpds)
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman
<http://%25s/cgi-bin/mailman> ' PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL =
'/cgi-bin/mailman/private' IMAGE_LOGOS = '/images/'

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Default domain for email addresses of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'ascendnetwork.com'
#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Default host for web interface of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = '68.202.202.172'
#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Required when setting any of its arguments.

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# The default language for this server.
DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'en'

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Iirc this was used in pre 2.1, leave it for now
USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER    = 0              # Still used?

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Unset send_reminders on newly created lists DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = 0

#-------------------------------------------------------------
# Uncomment this if you configured your MTA such that it
# automatically recognizes newly created lists.
# (see /usr/share/doc/mailman/README.{EXIM,...})
# MTA=None   # Misnomer, suppresses alias output on newlist

# Uncomment if you use Postfix virtual domains, but be sure to # read
/usr/share/doc/mailman/README.POSTFIX first. # MTA='Postfix'

# Note - if you're looking for something that is imported from mm_cfg,
but you # didn't find it above, it's probably in
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py.