[Mailman-Users] Mail to -bounces address

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Sep 11 19:07:52 CEST 2005

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>    I'm receiving a lot of spam that comes in to our lists'
>-bounces at domain.com address.  And mailman will dutifully tell me they're
>Uncaught bounces.  All fine and well, but is there some way I can simply
>avoid that all together?  I can't block that email address, can I?

Yes, it is a real problem. You have three choices:

1) Ignore the "unrecognized bounce" mail.

2) Set bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner to No.

3) Turn off bounce processing all together.

Blocking mail to the -bounces address (or removing the alias) will have
the same effect as 3).

If you don't mind not seeing real unrecognized bounces, 2) is the best
option.