[Mailman-Users] patch to add date to each meassge in mail archiveIndex

Andrew Smith Asmith at tyndale.ca
Mon Sep 12 21:14:41 CEST 2005

I was looking for a solution to put the date available in the archives.
I have completed the patch as described and get an error when I rebuild
my archives
- - -
File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 1005, in
write_index_entry
    datestr = self.get_header("datestr", article)
  File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 1027, in
get_header
    return getattr(article, field)
AttributeError: Article instance has no attribute 'datestr'
- - -

Anyone able to help me with this?

---
Andrew Smith
Web Developer
Tyndale University College & Seminary
416-226-6620 (2714)
asmith at tyndale.ca
http://www.tyndale.ca
http://www.tyndale.ca/it
http://www.tyndale.ca/~asmith
--
25 Ballyconnor Court
Toronto, Ontario.

Matt Ryanczak wrote:

>I was asked to make the date for each message in a mailman archive be
>visible in the index for that month. This required that I modify
>HyperArch.py and the template file archidxentry.html. I thought
others
>might find this useful so here are the relevant patches for the
>mailman-2.1.6 source tree.
>
>I apologize if this is a duplication of someone else efforts, I
searched
>around and could not find a way to do this in mailman as it was or a
>patch to do the same.

Thanks for developing this patch. It would help for tracking and
possible adoption into the base if you would submit it to the Mailman
patch tracker at

You might also add a note to the RFE at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=843141&group_id=103&atid=350103