[Mailman-Users] no authorisation

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 15:09:16 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 18:07 +0800, Gil Hardwick wrote:
> We spent yesterday setting up mailman on a FC3 web server that
> has been running for quite some time now.
>
> Everything has been running OK, except that today I find that I have
> no authorisation to create new lists. I had authorisation yesterday,
> and the only thing I can think happened in the meantime was a
> system reboot.
>
> Is there something else I should look at?

* Is mailman running?
  /sbin/service mailman status

* Did you?
  /sbin/chkconfig mailman on

* Are you showing any "avc" errors in /var/log/messages
or /var/log/audit/audit.log?

* Do you have SELinux enabled? Try turning it off
  setenforce 0

* Can you create the list via the command line (mailman/bin/newlist)
  but not the Web UI?
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>