[Mailman-Users] Running 2.2a0 want to downgrade to 2.1.6 stable

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Thu Sep 15 19:08:58 CEST 2005

Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We have a machine running 2.2a0. We would like to downgrade to the
>> stable release
>> of 2.1.6. Are there any known gotchas that we need to prepare for?
>

> When did you install 2.2a0?

We didn't :), We are being call into to help fix some issues and wanted
to downgrade to the known stable version.

  I believe you installed ot from CVS.

That was the impression we got as well.

> The CVS HEAD is now versioned 2.2.0a0 and a backport of 2.1.6 plus a few
> bug fixes and is as stable as 2.1.6.  Upgrading to the CVS HEAD should
> be as smooth as upgrading from 2.1.x to 2.1.6.

O.k. so you are suggesting that we should just upgrade to HEAD hmmm.
Makes me a little nervious but I guess it can't hurt us :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake