[Mailman-Users] Virtual host document root for mailman/listinfo

Christian Anton mail at christiananton.de
Thu Sep 22 11:47:45 CEST 2005

Tom Combs wrote:

>Hello,
>
> I'm running mailman-2.1.6rc4 and apache-2.0.54. I have a virtual host
>set up
> for my mailman web interface. I would like the listinfo page to be the
>default
> page for my mailman web address so one can enter http://mylists.com instead
>out what
> the document root setting for the mylists virtual host setting should
>be in the
> apache http.conf file. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>
>  Thanks,  Tom Combs

sorry Tom, first mail was replied falsely, wanted to send it to the
list, not to you....

I made it simple,
i have put a directory "htdocs" in /home/mailman, where my mailman is
installed (because of settings in suExec that does not allow to execute
cgi's that are not in wwwroot), in the lists.<mydomain>.<tld> vhost i
have DocumentRoot in /home/www/htdocs, in there is one html-File with
this content:

<head>
<title>Redirection</title>
</head>
If the redirection does not work, click <a
href="mailman/listinfo">here</a>!

This is of course not a very fine solution but it works, and it works
with virtual hosts too, just give every apache vhost for which you have
mailinglists the DocumentRoot /home/mailman/htdocs.

Greets

Christian