[Mailman-Users] Tailor List specific RFC mail headers?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Sep 28 01:27:27 CEST 2005

Tom Combs wrote:

> I would like to remove the List-Subscribe and List-Unsubscribe for some
>announcement only type lists where the memebers cannot subscribe or
>unsubscribe. Is there a way to customize this behavior for individual lists?

I think it's a really bad idea to not allow people to unsubscribe
and/or to not tell them how, but I realize a university environment
might call for this in some cases. In any case, the only list specific
controls are those on the list's General Options page. These are
available only if ALLOW_RFC2369_OVERRIDES is not set to no in
mm_cfg.py.

Any finer level of control would have to be put into
Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py (plus other modules to support the
switches to control it).