[Mailman-Users] Host name problem

Gregg Leslie gleslie at rcfp.org
Thu Sep 29 01:45:38 CEST 2005

I've recently set up mailman under SuSE Linux 9.3. When I was testing the
new machine, I had its host name set to "linux.reporterscommittee.org". Now
that it's ready (more or less) for prime time, I've changed the host name to
www.reporterscommittee.org. But all the lists still want to use the linux
address instead of the new "www" one.

When I log in to admin pages, for instance, I get redirected to the linux
address, and the page heading says "linux.reporterscommittee.org Mailing
Lists".
And all the list information sent to subscribers includes the linux address.

I've confirmed that the word linux does not appear anywhere in the mm_cfg.py
file or the sysconfig/mailman file, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with
postfix (and all the other servers running), which works fine under the
renamed setup.

Am I missing something obvious? Or do I have to kill all the lists and start
over?

Gregg