[Mailman-Users] Importing Eudora email box into archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Apr 1 07:30:34 CEST 2006

BG Mahesh wrote:

>Cool, I will try it out. How to preserve the attachments?

This is a problem.

I looked more closely at a Eudora .mbx file and I see that the MIME
structure of the messages is not preserved. The messages are
'flattened' - the outer Content-Type: header is preserved, but all
boundaries and part headers are removed and non-text attachments are
stored aside with a pointer left in the message.

Thus, the messages in the Eudora .mbx file are vaguely similar to
messages that have been scrubbed by Mailman's Scrubber.py module,
except the Content-Type: of the Eudora message is no longer correct
which will probably confuse the Mailman bin/arch process.

Thus, converting the Eudora .mbx will probably require a fairly
involved script. I'm not aware of an existing one.