[Mailman-Users] edit the mail body

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 10 05:54:27 CEST 2006

Fatcat wrote:

>I think I get the solution.
>I shout hit return 2 times.
>
>The output in the mail will be what I want :-)

This is a work around, but it shouldn't be necessary. I just subscribed
to your test list and I have received your last two test posts from
the list. I set my preferred language to english, and my footers are
not run together on one line, but they have some Taiwan characters

> ??http://ixp.comm.ccu.edu.tw/mailman/options/Test

Above is single spaced from quote. below is double spaced

Test at ixp.comm.ccu.edu.tw

??http://ixp.comm.ccu.edu.tw/mailman/options/Test

Both of the above are from one test post. So is your subscriber
preferred language englist or taiwan? This may be part of the problem.

>But there is a question, The bottom of the mailman-user mail list
>There is auto embedded use's mail in the Unsubscribe
>What is the variable in the [Non-digest options] ??

You have to set

OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes

in mm_cfg.py. Then you will see the personalize option under Non-digest
options, and the 'details for personalize' link will explain the
additional 'personalized' substitutions.