[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-cabal] Cannot update Mailman FAQ

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Apr 28 20:11:49 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 12:37 -0500, Brad Knowles wrote:

> 	The current FAQ Wizard has the advantage of simplicity and
> tracking all previous changes (in case things need to be rolled
> back).  Wikis, by their nature, are considerably more complex and at
> least some of them don't track changes.
>
> 	I'm not really looking forward to having all the FAQ stuff moved
> over to the wiki.

Confluence tracks changes too, just not in RCS!  Yes, the wiki will be a
bit more complex,  but I think by not much and hopefully the benefits
will outweigh the added complexity.

The real advantage is that we'll have one less place where our artifacts
live (and one less system to maintain -- remember during the last Python
system move the FAQ wizard got lost in the shuffle for a while).

I'd like to at least /attempt/ to put a FAQ in the wiki.  If it really
sucks, we'll deal with it then.

-Barry