[Mailman-Users] Where do I find mm_cfg.py

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 1 14:29:58 CEST 2006

troubleshooter at jimstudebaker.org wrote:

>I wish to filter the emails to a mail list owner by doing the following:
>
>insert the line:
>OWNER_PIPELINE.insert(1, 'SpamAssassin')
>in mm_cfg.py.

If you are going to do that, you must have a SpamAssassin.py handler
and it needs to be installed in Mailman/Handlers/ - mm_cfg.py is
normally in the same Mailman/ directory as the Handlers/ subdirectory,
but

>I am using fedora core linux server system.

In older RedHat Systems, the Mailman directory was
/var/mailman/Mailman. More recently, RedHat has moved things according
to the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) and the Mailman directory
is /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman. I think that mm_cfg.py is
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and there is a symlink to that at
/etc/mailman/mm_cfg/py. See
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2004-October/017343.html>.