[Mailman-Users] Changing text in Hold.py

Walt Dabell walt at udel.edu
Tue Aug 1 19:11:29 CEST 2006

All,

I was trying to change the default admin message sent to
people who were trying to post to the list, who the list
didn't think were subscribed. A _LOT_ of people these
days are subscribing with one address, then trying to post
from another. They get real bent when the only message
(from a lazy admin) they get when they try to post from
the wrong address is:

Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list.

I wanted to change the default to:

Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list.
If you are already a member, PLEASE remember to post from
your subscribed address.

To do so, I modified /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py
then did

$ python
>>> import py_compile
>>> py_compile.compile('Hold.py')

Now nothing gets held for approval... That I can tell.
I tried copying back a same version Hold.pyc from another
machine and it still doesn't work.

Any helpful ideas please?

Walt Dabell  -  302-831-1499  -  walt at udel.edu
 Physics & Astronomy - University of Delaware