[Mailman-Users] message body is blank for some users

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Aug 2 02:38:01 CEST 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>The message is a single HTML part.
>
>What are the Content Filtering settings for your list?
>
>I am guessing that you accept text/html and that
>convert_html_to_plaintext is Yes. If this is the case, I further
>suspect that there is some problem with html to plaintext conversion
>in your Mailman installation.
>
>If this is the case, since this is a hosted cPanel installation, you
>don't have access to the things you need to diagnose this further.
>
>You could try turning off convert_html_to_plaintext if it is on and
>then I think the body would go through, but as HTML, not plain text.

I see from your archived post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-June/051404.html>
that you say you turnd off convert_html_to_plaintext. If it was off
when this post came through with a blank body, then I don't know
what's happening.

What are all your Content filtering settings?

What do the headers of the post from the list with a blank body look
like?