[Mailman-Users] Enable moderated list to always accept some emails?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Aug 12 03:57:24 CEST 2006

At 5:57 PM -0500 2006-08-11, Matt England wrote:

>  I want to enable a moderated list (that moderates emails from non
>  subscribers) to always accept email that comes with a certain header
>  attached (in this case, a header appended by http://mail2forum.com/
>  software) even if the sender's address is not subscribed to the email list.
>
>  Does GNUMailman some means to do this?

You could have the mail2forum software add an appropriate "Approved:"
header to the message, and that would go through.  Alternatively, you
could configure the mail2forum software to always use the same e-mail
address when posting to the list, and that e-mail address would be on
the "whitelist" and allowed to post.

Either solution would work, and you can read more about this sort of
stuff in the Mailman documentation and the FAQ.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.