[Mailman-Users] problem with default domain

Kim Leandersson kim.leandersson at chs.chalmers.se
Mon Aug 14 18:06:42 CEST 2006

> In a flurry of recycled electrons, Kim Leandersson wrote:
>
> > My problem is that when the server was being installed someone
> > misspelled the hostname so it was entered as
> plisk.example.com instead
> > of plesk.example.com. This error are now corrected, but
> somewhere in the
> > mailman installation the plisk entry exists. The problem
> with this is
> > that all the monthly password reminders are sent out from
> > mailman-bounces at plisk.example.com and since many mailserver
> checks if
> > the domain exist before delivery the deny the mail.
>
> The brute force approach is to get into the mailman directory and
> "grep -r plisk *.pck". Also check all db and py files.
>
> It's got to show up eventually.
>
> z!

In the main mailman directory I try this:
[root at plesk mailman]# pwd
/usr/lib/mailman
[root at plesk mailman]# grep -r plisk *
[root at plesk mailman]#

No entry at all.

The in the spool directory
[root at plesk mailman]# pwd
/var/spool/mailman
[root at plesk mailman]# grep -r plisk *

Then I get lots and lots of pck-files in the shunt-directory which all
have headers like this: