[Mailman-Users] Python Version Mismatch

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 22 04:11:21 CEST 2006

Carolyn Van Slyck wrote:

>My mistake, they are coming every 5 minutes.  I had an old version of
>python and mailman but upgraded python a few months ago and just this
>week upgraded mailman.  I downloaded the source and did a configure
>and make install.  Perhaps I missed another key step involving python
>(maybe it is compiling using the older version?)

If you have two Python versions on your system, there could be a
conflict. You might try rerunning configure with the --with-python
option.

--with-python=/path/to/python
    Specify an alternative Python interpreter to use for the wrapper
programs. The default is to use the interpreter found first on your
shell's $PATH.