[Mailman-Users] Sender not receiving messages

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Fri Aug 25 17:03:15 CEST 2006

I'm just reporting back that in the scenario I was describing earlier
in this thread, I've checked logs and it appears that Mailman did do
what it was supposed to and deliver a message to all 20 of our
lists.  So the fact that any given user who is subscribed to all
those lists only receives one message of the 20 would appear to be
due to Exchange's "helpfulness" in reducing in-box clutter.  I'm not
sure I like this "feature" but there probably isn't much to be done
about it.  Maybe it'll help others who didn't already know that
Exchange does this to read this in the FAQ.  And if anyone more
knowledgeable about Exchange wants to comment and maybe provide a
workaround for cases where all messages sent to a bunch of lists ARE
received by the Exchange user in Outlook, that'd be nice.

I've got a question about the logs, but I'll put that in a separate message.

Allan