[Mailman-Users] working on an insanely huge moderation request list

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:20:38 CEST 2006

On 8/30/06, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> I've read about discard and that i can just delete everything
> in the queue. But i'd rather like to go trough the list
> and be able to aprove some of the held mails. Is there any
> way i can work on the queue? Another possibility would be

Most of the mails in the queue are probably so old that it doesn't
even make sense to approve them. That said, you can probably convince
'find' to remove all of the queue files older than a certain date,
which should help reduce your queue to a managable level, at which
point you can handle it through the web interface.

Alternatively, you can configure your web server to allow more
resources to mailman, so that it can generate the list. This might
require an excessive amount of resources, though, and may not be
advisable.

Lastly, you could unpack each queue file in turn and simply rm the
ones you don't want to approve, although I would imagine this to be
quite a time-consuming process.

--
- Patrick Bogen