[Mailman-Users] Can't send messages to list

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:22:43 CEST 2006

On 8/30/06, Eric Howland <eric.howland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought I have another machine that can act as a mail server (and is
> also running postfix) maybe I could get it to sent the mail. Since I
> am running
> DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'

Are you sure that the machine in question is configured to (a) listen
on its external IP address (rather than just localhost), and (b) to
accept mail coming from elsewhere and destined for elsewhere? (In most
distribution-installed postfixen, these two things are NOT the default
behaviour, so far as I know. They may be offered by the automatic
configuration (Debian does this), but that still requires some degree
of intention by the person installing the software.)

--
- Patrick Bogen