[Mailman-Users] query re "message has implicit destination"

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Aug 31 17:55:00 CEST 2006

Larry Stone wrote:

>Just a thought and I may be all wet here but is it possible the user is
>sending to an alias for the listname, possibly an alternative hostname for
>the machine, that mailman doesn't know is an acceptable alternative and
>therefore considers it to an implicit destination?
>
>For example, mailman expects lists.example.com but mail is sent to
>list at foo.example.com which is the same host.

Mailman expects to find listname at host_name (host_name is the list
attribute) or something that matches acceptable_aliases in a To:, Cc:,

For historical reasons Mailman also accepts listname at anydomain, so the
difference between list at lists.example.com, list at foo.example.com or
list at example.com wouldn't be the explaination here.