[Mailman-Users] query re "message has implicit destination"(devils advocate!)

Steve Burling srb at umich.edu
Thu Aug 31 19:55:34 CEST 2006

--On August 31, 2006 7:08:22 PM +0200 Bretton Vine <bretton at hivemind.net>
wrote:

> Perhaps a list of "you /really/ should set these settings to X" would be
> useful to people short on time :-) Of course you could just bundle the
> product that way in the first place but where's the fun in that?

To which I reply:

Could we maybe leave this poor dead horse to rest in peace?

Apparently, many of the posters to this list believe (with some
justification, imho) that it should take explicit action to undo safe
defaults, rather than requiring explicit action to set safe values.  You
disagree.  You've made that abundantly clear.  Fine.  We believe that you
disagree.

But based on my (rather more than I care to contemplate) years in this
business, I think you're wrong.

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb at umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779