[Mailman-Users] listname-leave at domain.com isnt working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Dec 1 21:11:10 CET 2006

Ken Cheney wrote:

>Given that I am very new to Mailman/Postfix/Linux... where would I find the MTA logs?

Maybe /var/log/maillog; maybe somewhere else.

>how would I tell if the message made it to mailman.

There will be a maillog entry indicating the message was delivered via
a pipe to the wrapper as in "|path/to/mail/mailman leave listname" in
the case of mail to listname-leave.

>Come to think of it I have seen in logs where it say kencheney at Yahoo.com has been removed from the list.  Yet my email address is still on the list.

Did you subsequently resubscribe? Were you removed from one list and
still on another? Are you confusing the list owner with list members?

Mailman's subscribe log should have all the subscribe and unsubscribe
activity.