[Mailman-Users] Umbrella List question

bmills at charter.net bmills at charter.net
Wed Dec 13 00:16:01 CET 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm new to managing Mailman lists, so please forgive my ignorance. :)

I have an umbrella list with 4 lists that its serving. Let's call the main list MAIN, and the child lists CHILD1-CHILD4.

My problem comes in the form of permissions. I want members of CHILD1 to be able to post to MAIN, or maybe directly to one of the childs, like CHILD2. Right now, I have a giant list of user e-mails from other lists in "Accept_These_Nonmembers". What I'd like instead is to accept the lists themselves as Nonmembers to grant posting access to the list.

Is this possible? In what ways is it possible? Can I make it so CHILD1 can post to MAIN? Can I make it so that CHILD1 can post to CHILD2?

Help! :)

Brandon