[Mailman-Users] OS X Permissions Help.

Chris Florio cflorio at citadel97.com
Tue Dec 26 23:13:45 CET 2006

Hello all,

I'm trying to get mailman working on my intel based Mac Mini running
10.4.8 (NOT OS X Server).  I'm running Postfix configured using
http://cutedgesystems.com/software/MailServe/

I have configured and installed mailman using some instructions I
found here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-July/045697.html

The problem is, it looks like i have a group or ownership problem
somewhere.

As the instructions said, I configured using:

sudo ./configure --prefix=/Applications/mailman --with-cgi-gid=www --
with-mail-gid=mailman

Using the instructions from the list I found, I am getting this error
posting to a list I created:

The Postfix program

<alumni at citadel97.com>: Command died with status 2:
     "/Applications/mailman/mail/mailman post alumni". Command
output: Group
     mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as
     group "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail
script as
     group "www".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
group
     "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
     `--with-mail-gid=www'.

So, I tried again using:

sudo ./configure --prefix=/Applications/mailman --with-cgi-gid=www --
with-mail-gid=www

And then I get this error:

	The Postfix program

<alumni at citadel97.com>: Command died with status 2:
     "/Applications/mailman/mail/mailman post alumni". Command
output: Group
     mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as
     group "www", but the system's mail server executed the mail
script as group
     "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
group "www",
     or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
     `--with-mail-gid=mailman'.

Any ideas?

Thanks!