[Mailman-Users] generate web page of addresses in different format

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Feb 1 22:32:29 CET 2006

Christopher Adams wrote:

>I would like to be able to generate a list of subscribed addresses from
>the list information page. I can do this, but the address format is
>'joe.blow at wherever.com'. Currently, all 500+ lists at our site only
>give the Administrator the ability to do this. Consequently, the
>security risk of a user harvesting email addresses isn't really much of
>a possibility. Is there a way to generate the page so that it uses the
>'@' instead of 'at'.

This is controled list by list by the obscure_addresses setting on the
list's Privacy options page. It affects more than just the roster
though. It also affects the users address on the users options page.
I'm not sure if there are other places.

This is not the setting for obscuring addresses in the archive. That
setting is Defaults/py/mm_cfg.py ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS.