[Mailman-Users] mailman + apache2

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 6 02:15:24 CET 2006

Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:

>> ScriptAlias /mailman/ path/to/mailman's/cgi-bin/
>
>Note!!: Im using apache2 with "ispconfig" (hosting management software,
>http://ispconfig.org) which creates virtual hosts.
>CGI is enabled in ispconfig and the path is set correctly:
>"ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/ /var/www/web1/cgi-bin/"
>The files within the cgi-bin are symlinked to there location: /usr/lib/cgi-bin
>
>When I now browse to the URL it says me I dont have the rights to access and
>pop up the download window.
>
>Is it a rights problem? What are the correct values?

Maybe you should take this to an ispconfig list.

How are you configuring Apache to understand that a URL like
<http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo> for example is supposed to
execute the Cgi program whose (default configuration) location is
/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo? The normal way this is done is
with

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/