[Mailman-Users] mailman + apache2

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan.fuhrmann at no-panic-systems.de
Tue Feb 7 02:09:15 CET 2006

> How are you configuring Apache to understand that a URL like
> <http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo> for example is supposed to
> execute the Cgi program whose (default configuration) location is
> /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo? The normal way this is done is
> with
>
> ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/

I set in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf (where the virutual hosts are created)
"ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/www/web1/cgi-bin/"

When I browse now to the URL:
http://domain.tld/cgi-bin/mailman/create

then I get:

" Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but the
webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs. "

So, what is wrong?

Stefan