[Mailman-Users] 500 Internal Server Error with edithtml (butnotadmin, admindb and the rest)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Feb 8 02:05:02 CET 2006

Edward Muller wrote:

>I reviewed the patch a bit and it looks reasonable to apply, so I applied it.
>
>However edithtml/traffic (traffic being the name of the list) still returns a
>500 error and there is nothing in the error log.
>
>http://www.mission2007.org/mailman/edithtml/traffic

Are you sure you're looking at the correct error log? Are the other
logs in that directory (like post and smtp) being written?

Are you sure you patched the correct edithtml.py? Did the edithtml.pyc
in the same directory get updated after the attempt to retrieve the
page?

Since <http://www.mission2007.org/mailman/edithtml> works and produces
the expected output (List name is required.), it seems that
<http://www.mission2007.org/mailman/edithtml/traffic> must be
executing the edithtml.py script, and I can't see how the script would
terminate without either producing output or throwing an exception
which would be logged as an error or produce something in the web
server log.