[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 16 22:04:53 CET 2006

Luke Shannon wrote:

>Actually it doesn't really need to be in MySQL. As long as Mailman handles
>the add and removing of addresses to a list and creates an alias for each
>list, my java program could be tweaked to send mail to all alias rather than
>a set of email addresses (as it does now).

Mailman does not create an alias per se. It does provide a list posting
address and receives posts at that address and sends them to the list
members.

If the only purpose of your MySQL database is to provide a list of
people/addresses to deliver to, you could use Mailman without
modification and let it maintain it's own membership list and handle
bounce processing and subscribe/unsubscribe, etc.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp>
for information about setting up announcement (one-way) lists.