[Mailman-Users] Mailman drops some information in Content-Type

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 20 20:52:46 CET 2006

Peppo Brambilla wrote:

>some of my users complained about wrapped URIs in mails they have send
>to a mailman lists.
>The problem seems to me that mailman is dropping the format and delsp
>parameters (s. http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=3676) which the
>mail clients add to the text/plain format. An example is given below.
>
>So far I haven't found any configuration option which does the trick. Is
>there's a way to keep mailman from dropping these parameters or does
>mailman not support these parameters?

There are two issues here. Both Scrubber (replacement of attachments
with hyperlinks) and Decorate (addition of msg_header and/or
msg_footer) manipulate the message content and create new
some cases too.

Then, I think the underlying Python email library doesn't support the
'format' and 'delsp' parameters when getting a decoded message part
body from a message.

You might be able to avoid the problem if you set scrub_nondigest to No
and make sure both msg_header and msg_footer are empty, but this may
not be satisfactory for other reasons.