[Mailman-Users] Spam check and bounced email's body

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Feb 23 10:35:35 CET 2006

At 11:39 PM -0600 2006-02-22, Patrick Bogen wrote:

>  This basically starts a sendmail daemon that listens only to
>  localhost, and bypasses all filters and stuff to stick whatever it
>  receives directly in the outgoing queue. If the mail to the admin is
>  being delivered locally, this means it won't be scanned by
>  spamassassin at any time.

	This is precisely the same sort of thing that we recommend for
people who are running postfix, and is discussed in the FAQ.  If this
isn't mentioned in the FAQ for people using sendmail, then what we
should probably do is add this as part of a separate generic MTA
performance enhancement page and then point all the MTA-specific
pages to that one, as well as adding their own particular details.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755