[Mailman-Users] What is Details for acceptable_aliases?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 23 16:25:29 CET 2006

Kabilan L wrote:

>what is the use of the
>                       Privacy options...
>                                 Recipient filters
>
>Details for acceptable_aliases
>
>What should be added to in the text box of acceptable_aliases.

It's pretty much described on that page and the details pages if you
follow the links, but here's a summary.

If require_explicit_destination is Yes, a post will be held if the list
posting address is not in the To: or Cc: headers of the post.
acceptable_aliases is a list of additional addresses (or regexps that
match addresses) that are acceptable in To: or Cc: as alternatives to
the list posting address.

This is primarily intended for sub-lists of umbrella lists. I.e., if
list2 at example.com is a member of list1 at example.com, and
require_explicit_destination is Yes for list2, a post to
list1 at example.com will be held by list2 at example.com for 'implicit
destination' unless list1 at example.com is an acceptable aliase for
list2 at example.com.