[Mailman-Users] add_members

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 20:29:17 CET 2006

On 2/28/06, Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
> Allan Hansen wrote:
> >Thank you for clarifying, Mark.
> >
> >I do not yet have the knowledge to fix it, thus my comment. I do
> >appreciate the fix, though, because a number of my subscribers do
> >want to be subscribed inactive from a second address that they use
> >for posts (and they don't want duplicates). So I'll use your version.
> ---------------- End original message. ---------------------
>
> So why not add them to the list of approved posters?
>
> It's under accept_these_nonmembers on the Privacy options, Send filters page.
>
> That's what I do when somebody wants to be able to post from a
> non-subscribed address. It's clean and easy.

By doing it that way, it's extra work for the list admin.

When folks on my lists want to post for different accounts I give them
instructions on how to sub that address and then postpone that
subscription. it puts the onus on the onus on the user to make sure
they post from "legitimate" accounts.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"