[Mailman-Users] Group Mismatch error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jan 22 18:31:06 CET 2006

Myo Zaw Nyunt wrote:

>I got the following error after I post my first mail to the list. I am using
>Sendmail. I don't know what to do.
>
>Regards,
>Myo Gyi
>
>Servername Mailman mail-wrapper: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the
>mail wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but the system's mail
>server executed the mail script as group "mailnull".  Try tweaking the mail
>server to run the script as group "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing
>the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailnull'.

Do what it says. If you installed from source, rerun configure, adding
or changing the option --with-mail-gid=mailnull, and then run 'make
install'

If you installed from a package, there may be some package dependent
way of changing the group the wrapper expects.

Or, if you can, you can tell sendmail to run as gropp 'mailman' when
executing the wrapper.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.016.htp>.