[Mailman-Users] move from version 2.0.11 to 2.1.5

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jan 26 03:30:44 CET 2006

Chad Rebuck wrote:

>Mailman was installed via RPM.  I actually did have the lists/ and
>archives/ in the incorrect folder but I have copied them over to
>/var/lib/mailman now.

I'm guessing that you created the lists on the new installation before
you finally got the old lists/ directories in the right place. Thus,
you now have new config.pck and config.pck.last files with no members
and old config.db and config.db.last files with members that aren't
being used because of the presence of the config.pck.

If this is the case, just delete the config.pck and config.pck.last.
You can then run bin/update [-f], but you shouldn't have to as Mailman
will update/convert the config.db when the list is accessed. After you
have the converted config.pck, you can delete the config.db and
config.db.last.