[Mailman-Users] Capital Letter (first letter) Maillist Issue

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 7 05:07:59 CEST 2006

Brian Oliver wrote:

>Here is my issue.  I have a maillist named
>itservices at mailman.whatever.org when I post to the list nothing
>happens.  But when I capitalize the "I" in itservices to
>Itservices at mailman.whatever.org the message goes through.  I have tried
>tweaking the listname in the general settings page, and I even deleted
>the list and recreated it.  Both ways produces the same results.  All of
>my other mailists (about 75 of them) appear to work if the first letter
>is capitalized or not.

What happens to posts to itservices at mailman.whatever.org? Are they
returned as undeliverable? Do they wind up in some local mailbox
instead of being piped to Mailman. Is there anything in Mailman's logs
for these? What's in the MTA's log?

I'm only guessing, but I think this is an MTA issue. Does your MTA use
aliases to deliver to Mailman? Are the aliases for this list
Itservices... and all the others all lower case?