[Mailman-Users] Can't run mm_cfg.py

Carl Fink carl at finknetwork.com
Thu Jun 1 16:05:39 CEST 2006

Hi.

I'm unable to configure Mailman, because when I edit and run mm_cfg.py
("python ./mm_cfg.py") I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mm_cfg.py", line 44, in ?
    from Defaults import *
ImportError: No module named Defaults

Well, Defaults.py, Defaults.pyo and Defaults.pyc are sitting right there in
the current directory.  I'm not a Python expert, perhaps that isn't what's
being looked for?

I'm running 2.1.5 under Debian Sarge, using Python 2.3.5.  Any other
information that can help figure this out, please ask.

I have resubscribed to the mailing list, so there's no need to copy me
personally on any answers.  (I think the old custom of summarizing for
mailing lists is finally dead, unfortunately.)  I did search the archive and
found no mention of this problem.

And I'll be very grateful for any assistance.
Carl Fink                                   carl at finknetwork.com
   "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your
   government when it deserves it."
                      - Mark Twain