[Mailman-Users] After mailing move ....

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 7 07:27:01 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>Jun  6 22:07:21 mailserver postfix/local[3100]: D7F6F580BB:
>to=<test-list at lists.example.org>, relay=local, delay=1, status=SOFTBOUNCE
>(Command died with status 1: "/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test-list")
>

>I keep getting the above in postfix logs and my lists are not working. Is this
>due to name of the server is "mailserver" and the name of the SMTP server is
>"lists"?

No.

The wrapper /var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman is dying with status 1. The
programmed exits for Mailman detected errors are all status >=2. This
could be a permissions issue or something else.

If you have a 'standard' Postfix/Mailman integration, the above command
("/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test-list") came from an aliases
(and aliases.db) file group owned by mailman. This means you should be
able to reproduce the error in a command shell with the commands

su mailman
/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test-list < /dev/null

That may help you debug further.