[Mailman-Users] Aliases not working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 14 02:11:48 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:
>Thank you Mark. That worked. Do I also have to put the aliases,
>that point to,
>,respectively? Or does just old-list -> new-list suffice?

You definitely do not need

admin is an old, deprecated address now a synonym for bounces, and
bounces and confirmations will all be to messages from new-list so you
dont need bounces or confirm.

Whether you want owner/request/join/subscribe depends on whether or not
you still want to support these functions for the old list, or if
people should be using the new list name for these.

I would put in aliases for leave/unsubscribe just to not cause
additional frustration for someone who wants to unsubscribe and still
thinks it's the old list.