[Mailman-Users] Japanese Character encoding

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 15 06:38:06 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>LookupError: unknown encoding: japanese.euc-jp
>

>I have the above error in my logs. I need this Japanese encoding but my SuSE
>10.0 dist does not stock it. Where can I find it so mailman can work with my
>Japanese mailing lists?

The euc-jp codecs are included in a standard Mailman distribution and
installed $prefix/pythonlib/japanese by the standard install. If they
are not in your Mailman and you have a SuSE packaged Mailman, this
would be a SuSE packaging issue.

You can download the current Mailman 2.1.8 tarball which includes
JapaneseCodecs-1.4.11 in the misc/ directory.