[Mailman-Users] Errors after upgrade via up2date to 2.1.5

Scott Thomson scott.e.thomson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 22:25:37 CEST 2006

On 6/17/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Scott Thomson wrote:
> >
> >Thanks for the ideas, now I feel like I'm getting closer to the issue.
> >
> >check_perms came up clean, all the files in the in dir match these
> >permissions.
> >
> >2302ff99d3a89dc936c9e66497cb08201f0.pck
> >-rw-rw----    1 mail     mailman     10043 Jun 17 14:08
> >1150567685.345078+9eff67
> >
> >/var/mailman/qfiles//in looks like this:
> >
> >drwxrws---    2 root     mailman     16384 Jun 17 14:54 in
> >
> >Should that be owned by root or by mailman like everything else in that
> >directory?  The virgin directory is also owned by root.
>

> Sometimes the owner is root and sometimes mailman depending on just how
> it was created. It's not important. The group is the important thing.
> It should always be mailman and /var/mailman/mail/mailman and all the
> files in /var/mailman/cgi-bin should be group mailman and SETGID.
> check_perms would have caught any problems here.
>
> Are you running SeLinux or anything else that would impose additional
> access controls?

Not to my knowlege.  Any other ideas?

This is the bounce message we're getting by the way:

      ga-stream at lists.uua.org on 6/16/2006 5:28 PM
            The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not
report a specific reason.  Check the address and try again.  If it still
fails, contact your system administrator.
            < sb1.uua.org #5.0.0 X-Unix; 1>