[Mailman-Users] Implicit destination

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 19 02:59:56 CEST 2006

Lawrence Bowie wrote:

>I have a message in the vette directory labeled:

Do you mean the vette log?

>	Message has implicit destination
>
>The user whom sent it subscribes to the list. How do I resolve?

The message was held for "implicit destination". If it hasn't already
been acted upon by a moderator or cancelled by the submitter (who was
notified by email of the hold and given an opportunity to cancel), it
will still be in the admindb interface and can be acted upon. In any
case, whatever action is/was taken will also be logged in the vette
log.

The message was held because Privacy options...->Recipient
filters->require_explicit_destination is Yes and neither the list
address nor an address in Privacy options...->Recipient
filters->acceptable_aliases appeared explicitly in To: or Cc: of the
message.