[Mailman-Users] Mailman won't process requests properly?

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Tue Jun 20 19:05:33 CEST 2006


I successfully figured most of my problems out.  However, due to certain 
requirements, I've had to change my Mailman setup.  Instead of editing 
the Exim4 configuration file to include the router and transport 
stanzas, I simply put the aliases in the domain's alias file.  Here's my 
problem though:  Mail appears to be routed properly, but never arrives.  
I was pretty sure the problem isn't with Exim (I ran it in debug mode in 
the foreground just to be sure), so I decided to create a little test.  
I created a text file with some legitimate headers and executed this: 
"cat testing-mailman.message |/home/mailman/mail/mailman post 
listname".  No output was generated to stderr or stdout, and the message 
never got there.  The admin interface confirms that the list is okay and 
happily gives me the members.  Shown below is the little test file.  Any 


Here's the test file:

testbox:/home/user1# cat testing-mailman.message
Message-ID: <44980917.6020909 at domain.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:41:27 -0400
From: My Name <myname at domain.com>
User-Agent: Thunderbird (Windows/20060516)
To:  Agoranet at testbox.agora-net.com
Subject: test 6/20


More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list