[Mailman-Users] Question about the configure script.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 22 17:39:42 CEST 2006

Ryan Steele wrote:

>All I did was follow the instructions in UPGRADE included with 2.1.8.
>There is a Defaults.py at /path/to/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py with the
>line OLD_STYLE_PREFIXING = Yes in it.  So, unless the instructions in
>UPGRADE (basically, to run ./configure with the same options as the
>shouldn't be any reason why I got that error.

The instructions should be OK.

Is mm_cfg.py in the '/path/to/mailman/' directory, and does it contain

from Defaults import *

and does the '/path/to/mailman/bin/' directory contain a paths.py file
with the line

prefix = '/path/to/mailman/'

>Nevertheless,  I seem to
>get no errors in any of Mailman's logs or Exim's logs after I made that
>change.  Not sure why it wouldn't pick up the line in Defaults.py....

The only thing I can think of is it's looking at the wrong file for
some reason (some related questions above).

Is you search (find / -name Defaults.py) do you find more than 1
Defaults.py?