[Mailman-Users] With mailman installed, normal e-mail addressen on same host bounce

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jun 24 19:14:58 CEST 2006

Edwin Martin wrote:

>I'm trying to get Mailman running on a Debian host with Exim 4.
>
>After I set up the router and transport for exim as described in the
>installation manual, mailman does work (the mailman webpages show info
>about the mailinglist) but sending an e-mail to accounts on the same
>machine bounces.

The installation manual is wrong. See
<http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html#exconf> for additions to
local_part_suffix and the addition of 'domains =' in the router
definition.

That said, I don't see that those changes will affect your problem.

>The error message is: "local delivery failed".

What are the full messages from the Exim log.

>These are the Exim config files:

It appears that you have eliminated the macro definitions and
substituted them directly into the router and transport definitions.
While this may not be a problen, the fact that you have literally
'nieuwsbrief' instead of '${lc::$local_part}' in require_files in the
router means this router will only work for the one list. Maybe this
was part of your debugging?