[Mailman-Users] help Securing Mailman's web GUI by using Secure HTTP/SSL

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 23:09:21 CEST 2006

On 26 Jun 2006, at 21:00, daniel trejo wrote:

> I added these lines to apache to force https login,I also modified the
> mm_config.py to change the dafault url and ran the withlist script,
> but when
> i put the url on my browser appears a message saying that the
> redirection
> has no end or something like that.

What version of Apache are you running?

What other steps have you taken to configure your Apache server to be
an HTTPS server? For instance VitualHost directives and such or are
you running separate HTTP and HTTPS server instances?

What exactly is the error response you say you are getting?

This sound more like an Apache configuration problem rather than a
Mailman problem. have you checked out the documentation available here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html