[Mailman-Users] Mailman locking up, seems to be Spamassassin related

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 14:06:49 CEST 2006

Further to my earlier comments, you might be able to alleviate some
of the problems with your integration of Spamassassin with Mailman by
having multiple IncomingRunners. To do this, see the comments
adjacent to the definition of QRUNNERS in your Defaults.py. You could
redefine QRUNNERS in you mm_cfg.py and increase the count of
IncomingRunners in that redefinition. But beware, multiple instances
of the same Runner type simply split the contents of the queue it
works on between them by filename slices. A stalled IncomingRunner
instance will still act as a road block for all those messages in the
incoming queue that the it is responsible for; another runner
instance cannot take over those blocked files. Spotting a jammed
IncomingRunner will be quite difficult. At least when a single
IncomingRunner is jammed it is more obvious.