[Mailman-Users] Change host IP address

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 30 23:22:41 CEST 2006

mardin at comcast.net wrote:

>If we want to change both host IP address and hostname, what is the correct way to do it. We are running Mailman 2.1.5.

Normally, there aren't any IP addresses configured into Mailman unless
you specifically assigned an IP address rather than a name to some
configuration parameter in mm_cfg.py. Thus, you need to review your
settings in mm_cfg.py to see if any involve IP addresses that need to
change.

An outline of what you need to do when changing host domain names is at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp>.

In addition to this, there may be changes required in your Web server
and or MTA.