[Mailman-Users] upgrade

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 10 03:49:50 CET 2006

Matthew Clarkson wrote:

>Charles Stroom wrote:
>> not 2.1.7, but 2.1.6 is in the 10.0 Suse distri.  See:
>>
>> ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.base/mailman-2.1.6-4.i586.rpm

2.1.8a1 was just announced. If there's no immediate urgency, I'd wait a
few weeks and then upgrade to 2.1.8.

>I have never tried this, but what about using the bin/update program.
>I have not seen this suggested and I am wondering why (or am I missing
>the point of this app).  Should this upgrade the whole version of mailman?

The bin/update script is run by 'make install' as part of the
installation of an upgrade to update list configurations and other
data to the new version as necessary. It can also be run stand alone
to do the same thing. It won't do anything if upgraded software hasn't
already been installed.